View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Stars and Party 500k knockouts

Knocked out of both tourneys early on with similar hands...are these hands not good enough to play? Its early, so i have no reads...

HAND 1
Folded to me in Cutoff w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...blinds are 15/30 and i raise to 120(1500 behind)...button (covers me)calls, all else fold

flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet 200, button raises to 600, and i think and push...button flips over AK...

Hand 2
Both players in hand have 1500 as do I. UTG +1 raises to 60, i call with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in middle position, as does button.

flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets 120, i call, and button raises to 300. UTG+1 thinks and calls...I reraise all in, the button calls, and UTG+1 folds...once again lose to AK

SO are these two hands not strong enough to play? Or the better question is, at what point do you drop either hand? Thanks for responses.