View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Bad luck or bad play? 4 hands from nl25 6max last night

1)Villain's all-in is bad news, but you're in too far. I agree with other posters that it might be different if you were deeper-stacked.

2)Again, this may have gone differently if you'd been deeper-stacked, but by the time the river rolls around, you've already committed most of your stack to this hand...plus the fact that the Villain never gave any indication of where he was...could've had a weak A or something...I dunno...tough hand.

3)I would say a smidge too aggro. You don't have a heart for a possible redraw, so any two has you, but I can't tell b/c I don't know how the SB called you...if it was immediate or he thought about it, nor do I have reads on him.

4)The only problem I have is that on the flop, you didn't slow down against the reraise after your raise to think. I'm not saying that I could've gotten away from the hand, but pushing here seems to be silly when there is a very obvious hand that beats you. A reraise here does not suggest a set, especially in the light of your raise. I'm not saying lay it down, necessarily, but at least hold up a minute, maybe wait 'til the turn and see how reraiser acts.