View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Texas is a big ass state

[ QUOTE ]
I had to make a delivery to Mc Allen once. The ride from San Antonio south was beautiful. The funny thing was that every person I talked to down there had never been anywhere else except for Oklahoma and Mexico. On the way back I checked out the coast and worked my way up to Galveston. Pretty cool town but I couldn't believe the sludge between the sand and the water on the beach and the trash in the water itself.

For those familiar with Galveston, I stayed in that hotel that is out over the water.

But, yeah, that is one big-ass state. Nice people and cool scenery, though. One of these days I'd like to really check it out- especially the western part.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the Flagship Hotel. I don't know when you were there, but they've mostly cleaned up the oil sludge on Galveston, as well as the trash. However, they've also made a decision to leave the seaweed on the beaches because it helps prevent erosion. There's just tons of it and it's pretty nasty. South Padre is much nicer, especially in the offseason.