View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 04:04 AM

Default Odd 20-40 hand, comments requested.

Good 20-40 game, with a mix of decent players and a few fishier players, but no maniacs, drunks, or idiots. I raise UTG with A-A. Called in five spots, including the button, SB, and BB. Most players at this point are playing well, and I respect the play of the button and the small blind. I have been winning and showing good cards, esp. from early position, so I am surprised that so many call my UTG raise.

The flop comes T-T-T. I bet, four call, including the button and SB. (Comments?)

The turn is an A. I check, and it is checked around. (Comments?)

River is a 6. I bet and am check-raised by the SB. I call (comments?), and am shown T-8o, which drags the pot.

Although I obviously didn't put the SB on a hand like T-8o, I did put him on a T and not the case A. (By his style of play, I think he would have called with an A and would only have raised me with AA or the case T. Since I had the former, he had to have the latter.)

My question is, if this were your hand/your flop, would you necessarily assume the fourth T was out there? I know I could have either lost or won more money on this hand if I had played it harder, but I was unhappy with the number of callers and slowed my action down a little. I also immediately gave the raiser credit for the case T and not the case A. This is actually the second time this hand has occurred for me this year (pocket AA, flop TTT, turn another A, winner had garbage hand w/a T).

I'm not whining about this as a bad beat -- crazy stuff happens -- but I am curious what others would have done in this situation.

Thanks,