View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Flop set of 9\'s on scary board

Given UTG+1's preflop raise, I three bet the turn and call down a cap. Even when he caps the turn, I still expect to win a large percentage of the time. I just can't see him holding a 7 here. Usually, I'd expect to see AA or KK, a few times you'll see TT from the original PFR, and god knows what from UTG+2.

Actually, I don't mind the turn call at all - especially if the dude behind you is willing to cold call 2 bets. I am definitely popping (via a CR) the river here, though. If he three bets, I'll just call.

If you are going to play this hand against a pre flop raiser in the future (when you're in position), 3 bet it. If he caps, you have no reason to slow down at any point during this hand on a board like this. With respect to this particular hand, as you already pointed out, you really should have raised. If he 3 bets, you have no reason to ever slow down.

By the way, how many hands had you played in this session so far? If the answer is more than 50 at this table, not really having any reads is inexcusable, and you really should work on that.