View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At the supernova level, Stars is almost certainly the better place to play at 5/10, but that might take 3 months for me to reach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Here's a cut-and-paste from another thread:

[ QUOTE ]
I so badly want to move over to Stars, but can't justify it with rakeback elsewhere. This new VIP program is MUCH better than what was going on before, but it still doesn't cut it vs. the rakeback.

The funny thing is I don't think I would have any problem hitting the Platinum level on a regular basis, and I still don't think it makes sense to switch over. Right now I'm getting about 18-20,000 hands per month at 5/10, figure 75% of those are raked (I need to check my PT to see if this is accurate), which would get me about 13-14,000 FPPs per month. (with the 150% multiplier it comes out to 32,000 FPP's per month!)

If you look at the stuff in the VIP FPP store, it looks like 32,000 FPP's (my monthly take) would equal roughly $600.

Figure that vs. $650-700 per month in rakeback and I still can't see justify switching over. Why take a limited selection of stuff from the FPP store when I can just get the equivalent cash?

I need to do some more homework on this to see what makes sense. Maybe I'll play a month at Stars after the first of the year and see how I make out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if 5/8 of the hands at 5/10 get u a FPP (which i think is probably closer to accurate than 3/4, since not all raked pots get u a FPP...if anyone has real data i'd welcome it), then you're getting 14% rakeback with stars at the supernoval level. you're also paying lower rake than at party and playing with faster software. the last two factors i'm not going to bother quantifying, but i figure that it more than makes up for the difference between 25% and 14% rakeback.

not being able to get cash rewards is a dealbreaker when its relatively close between the two though