View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Results and thoughts...

Preflop - I don't think I've made a secret that in most full ring games, I limp most every hand UTG and UTG+1 that I intent to play. Hands in this position are devalued because of the tenuous position, and I reserve the right to limp-reraise certain hands based on who raises. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

As it was, the call of $12 of AQs was easy. It was smaller than the standard raise (should be $24 with one limper), and I wasn't exactly sure what to make of it.

Flop: He's the type of opponent I want to make semi-bluffs with, since he seems like the type of player who thinks. I believe I made a difficult decision for him right away. However, once he calls, I'm very certain he has a hand. He could have an overpair or AT, KT, etc. He could be slowplaying a set, but with the drawy board, I suspect he would have popped me again.

Turn: It was very possible that I out-turned him with the Q. If I make a normal sized bet, I determined that with the change in board, if he can't beat the Q he would fold right the Tx or JJ right there. So my attentions turned to if he had something like KK or AA. He might be savvy enough to wait for me to pot bet the turn and for him to raise all-in giving a difficult decision. Yes, if I believe I have 14 outs or I'm ahead then I'm getting odds to call. However:

(1) If I'm going to call the all-in raise anyways, I want to just stuff it in myself. I want to take away that play from him.
(2) Villain is representing a hand that might mean I'm only drawing to flush outs. I didn't want those thoughts to cloud my mind.
(3) I want to put maximum pressure on villain.

I contemplated check-raising all-in as well. I thought that was a viable play too. Maybe he has JJ or Tx and reads me for a flush draw. I could extract more value with that. He might check behind, and I'll be able to make a nice value bet on the river...one he would probably call since my hand is well-disguised.

Anyhow, he thought for about 15 seconds before folding. *whew*?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Garland