View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

I've not used Poker Ace, but doesn't anyone want to see these things?

They are just basic, but seems like they are what you want for decision support.

1. A display that keeps track of each opponents opening and raising standards from each position and shows them to me in an "at a glance" format. (naturally it would have to be based on historical and recent play data.) Probably along with a "percentage of the time he does this" number for each data point.

2. Pot odds.

3. Odds of making hads with my holding + board

4. Hands my opponent can make from the board

5. What hands on the flop the opponent raises, calls, folds to a raise with, etc. Again, "at a glance" format.

So basically I'm thinking I want all the things I would be looking for if I was taking notes manually about opponents + playing time info to weight against the historical profile in order to make clear bet/call/fold/raise type decisions more accurately.

Nothin' real fancy or artificial intelligence like. Just good solid data that keeps me from making mistakes.

The bet history the poster above mentions would be good too.

Basically I want a HUD that boils everything down to free my on personal cycles up to make playing decisions.

To be honest I don't quite understand how folks are using data like "raises preflop 22% of the time" to make any kind or playing decisions other than "oh this guy is aggressive" etc. Probably just my lack of experience.