View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: How often to call down A-high at 10/20?

[ QUOTE ]
but I also want to note that waiting for the turn to raise a paired flop is a fairly common bluff by decent to good players. However, I think the king is a particularly bad card for you here so I think the fold is fine, but you can't fold every time you get c/red like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player doing this move and a bad player doing this move is 2 differnt things. Why would a good player pretend he coldcalled with rags? Makes no sense. He will see flop and know that u know he isnt hit by that.

A bad player will much more often think: "Ah, paired flop, he isint hit, lets checkcall flop and checkraise turn." Also, a good player normally want some outs to his bluff, unless board is perfect. Bad players dont care much about outs.

In this hand we are not sure if we can beat Ax(s), which is a very common coldcalling hand from a loose player so calling down is probably wrong.

I think the most important thing to think about in these spots is if u have been running bad. If u have, if they are running u over, u have to call down more. Even nontricky and passive players get tricky and aggressive when every hand they play hits and every hand u play dont.