Thread: QQ against TAG
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: QQ against TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given the way this hand has been played, I think there's more value in betting the river (but folding to a raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I would have to fold to a raise I didn't bet this river

[/ QUOTE ]

SO???? Why not? You're surely behind if raised on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain could just as easily have a lower pocket pair (i.e. 77, 99, etc) as he could have an ace here. He may also have a paired 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, wouldn't you raise or fold the turn with a medium pocket pair in villians spot, I mean what is he hoping to do, catch me bluffing with KQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Point. However, given your reasoning here, we should be check/folding the river (as your reasoning concludes we are surely behind).

Check/folding the river is not the best play here, IMO. Why not? Because we may be ahead. Therefore, we should bet the river. (Again, keeping in mind that folding to a raise should be easy as we're almost surely behind then).

If you bet, and hero *calls* with an ace, so be it. He would have bet if checked to anyway! Again, you'd be forced to call anyway. So no more lost.

The only advantage to checking the river, would be if villain would check it through with an ace, giving you a free showdown with a losing hand. But how likely is it that he will check trip aces through, especially after you check it to him?

Thoughts anyone?

Adam