View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:30 AM

Default When the Blinds get sooooo high

I was involved in a hand last night at the FullContactPoker Event in Toronto... what was at stake was a seat at the final table with Daniel Negreanu.

First let me list the number of times I had this guy all in and with what... my cards are on the right

28K total chips in play
K3 Vs 96s I am a monster chip stack and it only costs me 1000 more to put him all in
J3 Vs J2s I flop 2 pair and he river pairs the board -- CHOP
K2 Vs QJs I push him in preflop -- catches set
AA Vs 98s... I flop 2 pair to get counterfieted
BIG HAND
55 vs QQ he catches one of 4 outs (2 8's or 2 5's)on river and now becomes monster chip leader... I have 6K left.

He pushes from the small blind with 75s, I instaCALL with A8s... and double through...

I get him to lay down the next hand and have 15k of 28k of chips

Blinds are 4000-2000 w/ 500 ante (25% of chips in play) and last hand before they go up to 3000-6000 w/1000 ante (which is almost 50% of chips)

This is the hand, I look down and then decide to push... I don't know what I have... someone in the crowd says he pushed in the dark, and he calls in the dark....

I figured at worst I am a 3:1 dog, but most likely at worst I am a 3:2 dog... but could be ahead... is this really the wrong play, when we add the chance that he might fold and the I have 2 hands left...