View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Do we limp low PP (22-55) UTG?

For a while I was raising these hands as well as small suited connectors in just about every spot, for the reasons you outlined-- taking it down with a c-bet, or getting action once i've hit. However, i've since rethought this and am now limping the small pocket pairs... here's my rationale

- avoids getting re-raised. I play full tilt and there are a fair amount of people who play with some aggression preflop, and nobody likes getting their 22 reraised the pot OOP.
- as far as disguising your hand goes, at low limits I really think the limp is +EV. When you raise the pot preflop, you're showing aggression. The c-bet with trips is going to fold out a lot of hands that, say you limped and they were the initial raiser, would have felt obliged to bet into you. I really feel like more action is generated when you limp, as a combination of keeping more people in the pot and letting someone else take the lead. I really believe that the amount you take from c-bets is near irrelevant-- where i'm looking to make my money with these hands is stacking people. Also, the continuation bet isn't nearly as good a strategy against multiple opponents with these hands in that it is almost a pure bluff-- you're drawing to only two cards vs. most c-bets with overs, etc you're more legitimately drawing to improve your hand.

thoughts?