View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Experiment in Table Image

I was a regular 2-4 3-6 4-8 player in AC. I was there 3-4 days a week for a few months, while playing 20-25 hours a week online. But then I moved to Topeka Kansas for Law School and I haven't returned to AC in 6 months.

As an experiment I wanted to try something new. I'm normally a quiet guy and I keep to myself not talking to anyone and just playing solid poker. However, last night I showed up at The Borgata and decided to be "that guy." I sat down at the 3-6 table with $250 in chips, my I-POD and my sunglasses. I then began to raise any hand I was going to play. K-9 UTG, I raise, A7 in MP I raise, ect, ect. I just played very aggressive for the beginning of the session, and then after taking down a few pots started to brag about how "good I was running."

This pissed off all of the older gentlemen at the table, and right when I could tell it was getting to a boil, I stopped and went back to my solid - TAG poker, but still keeping my I-POD and sunglasses on.

I was amazed at the calls I began to get. I would have AT, I raise and get 3 callers it comes KQJ - I bet and they all fold. - 3 people called my raise and no one had a K-Q or J?

I had QQ and the BB called me with 4-2 on one occasion, I can think of countless examples of the loose calls I got because of my image, and wound up a big winner for the session.

This is my first time with this experiment in table imagine - being the jerk kid - who isn't afraid to create action - and it seemed to work.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Sorry about any grammar errors in advanced.