View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: MGM Grand - 4 hrs with Phil Gordon (OT)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The QJ hand, he bet more than I should have called on the flop and way more than I would normally consider calling after that turn card. The only reason I went that far was so I could say I played a hand against Phil Gordon.

The way I played it, he probably pegged me for a loose passive player at that point. The reason I put that hand in the post is because I think it had an effect on how he played the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I should have been clearer, sorry. I was wondering about the AQJxx hand, not the T8x hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The action was pretty much check-check all the way I think. Phil and many 2+2ers know that you should check there because hands that have you beat will call you and the hands you are ahead of will fold to any bet. Its better to check there.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm being results-oriented but I think you shoulda mucked the AK. I think so because of what Phil was likely to be thinking of you at that point. Namely,
1, you're a random 1/2 player so when you re-raise you have AK/AA-JJ, maybe AQ-AJ.
2, you're a random 1/2 player, so you always think your opponents are trying to bluff you. You will therefore be uninclined to muck QQ/JJ on that flop, and will certainly not fold AA/AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, no arguments here.

If this hand had happened a half hour or so later and if I had known how he was playing (raising with crap), it would have been insta-fold. I figured he might have been trying to push me around with the other holdings I listed earlier. I did not see 6 4 coming.