View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Who passes on the river value bet here?

[ QUOTE ]
It is usually possible to figure out at least some possibilities as to why the question is being asked. Here betting seems very straightforward. If oppo has played an overpair or a set this way, then you just pay him off. He's played it in at least a somewhat funny way, however. You can't spend too much time second guessing yourself about it.

Isn't it a lot more likely that your opponents has a hand that is paying you off than is trapping you?

If there is some kind of subtle point that I'm missing here, I look forward to reading about it later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're right. The issue is, when he playing the draw, JT or whatever, he's not calling the river bet. When he is playing the overpair/set, he is putting me in and/or Im losing chips on the river.

The reason this was such a brainfart for me was that there is no way he plays an overpair like this nor a set...almost never.

A9 type hands MORE than make up for any "monsters in the closet" type hands here and its a huge leak when I check behind here. I think there are some subtle differences that you could make to this hand that would make me check behind, but the board pairing shouldnt have scared me at all. A "Q" appearing is a good example where I would feel better about checking the r.

Thanks for the ridicule though