View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Using a Little Math

I dont see why a push on the flop isnt the correct play here. The math/game theory analysis is quite complex and it is why beyond my abilities. However, lets look at a simple case.

Lets say there is one player with QQ. He will call the 300 but fold the allin bet.

So, with the 300 bet, the EV is 900*7/8 - 300 for around 485. Minus, 1/8*700 for 85. Total EV is thus 400. Since the allin fold is obviously plus $300 EV then the raise 300 raise is +100 over the allin bet.

However, if the player will call allin with QQ then the equation tilts in favor of pushing. Also, my analysis ignores what happens when an A falls and what happens if he has A,K instead of Q,Q.

Because you are dealing with many players on a range of hands, with a range of ways they will react to bets, with a range of interactions between how players will react to previous action, with a range of how actions based on a range of flops there is almost no way to do the math.

However, if I had to guess I would lean towards saying that the math would say pushing on the flop is the correct action against loose players.