View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: AAA heads up: Should I try to get as much in on the flop as I can?

[ QUOTE ]
My PLO game has no finesse. My strategy is usually to just bet or raise the pot when I think I have the best hand. I wonder if maybe this hand was a good time to do something else?

UTG limps, I'm next and limp with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villian limps in MP. Two other players limps and the blinds come along. Seven to the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a fact that you all are missing here. JTG51 you fail to follow your own strategy. Do you see why? You say that you bet or raise when you have the best hand. Your start hand consists of aces with one suited and you limp in preflop. Ok, this might be the second best hand but I'd say that this is the best hand here.

Now what might have happened if you had raised? The game sounds like a max 100xbig blind buyin so your opponents should be willing to call a 3$ bet. This is just imagination. Let us say that six people see the flop for 3$ each which makes the pot 18$. I would bet ½ pot here. If you get raised on the flop you can easily reraise all in. (Or close to.)