View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: My contribution to all the \"turning pro\" posts. LONG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiousity, where have I seen your cactus before?

[/ QUOTE ]
that's Cactuar, a recurring character in the Final Fantasy series.
I think he debuted in FFIII in the desert. He usually ran away before you could kill him, but if you killed him, he gave tons of XP.
Love fighting Cactuar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope FFVII...for any of you oldschool RPG lovers out there. It was in the desert by the ruby weapon, 10,000 needles is a biotch... easiest way to kill one of these (have phoenix summon linked with final attack, use nights of the round, mime, repeat.) Ive beat every facet of FFVII literally... everything. Anyone ever seen Aeris use her lvl. 4 limit break? hahaha! My game play timer is locked at 999:999:999(glitch in first version of FF7) I played it so much in highschool.

Anyways, My plan would be to quit, go to school and play poker full-time for 4 years or so. Then with my degree I can go back to playing part time. Work at home for a few hours, play for a few hours, play with my band, put my wife through school, and start a family. I simply dont want to be confined to a set schedule anymore, and I sure as heck dont want to be spending 50+ hours a week in an office. My house needs work, I need to spend more time with my wife, this just sucks.

And yes in this industry, everyone knows everyone. Everyone in collections could be connected within about 3-4 people (kind of like the kevin bacon game) this guy worked with this guy..ect. when you go to get hired into management at an agency, they all call their old friends and see if they know you, and if their bosses, bosses, bosses know you. If anything bad comes up....no call. Ive met hundreds of people in the buisness and they are all connected somehow to me and my office. As most of you know, Bill collectors are A**holes....but Bill collector managers are major A**holes, and collection company owners are the devil. (Fooseball)

I really do want to get into graphic/web design...any 2+2'ers in this type of buisness?