View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Virginia Tech Sucks

Well, as for the punt, I agree, that was not clearly wrong. In fact, I'm pretty close to being okay with that move. The main reason i brought it up is I thought it demonstrated inconsistency with how beamer was coaching the game.

As for the two point conversion, i think probably the biggest thing convincing me that it was wrong is that fsu's defense had been playing great all game. We couldn't run on them, so they knew we would have to pass it in, and they pretty much neutralized vick's scrambling ability. With the pressure they were getting on him, even with a three man rush, there was a pretty good chance he would at least be hurried. I think all of these factors significantly lowered their chances of a successful two point conversion. I'd estimate it more in the 30% range. If that's the case, they only convert on the trifecta 2.7% of the time.

So let me ask you this....How low does their expected success rate on two point conversions need to be for it to be clearly wrong to go for two?