View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: consistent losing

Good point about pot limit 08. I'd stopped playing limit 08 because my results were mediocre, but started out playing pot limit and it's been great for me. Since some sites have .01/.02 or .05/.10 if you're as reasonable a player as your post indicates, you shouldn't have a problem being a successful player right off the bat, I think.

But a tight limit 08 game is no fun. If everyone else is playing like you, good quality hands, and it often comes down to someone attacking the blinds in late position--I find another game. And of course there's variance. And although one poster mentioned, that you might want to have another wheel card with your A-2...well sure. I"d like to have AA23 ds too, but they don't come around often enough. It's disappointing to be disciplined and wait for your good quality hands, like you're doing, like a suited A-2, and then when you do get them, the board comes high. Or your T-J-Q-K ds and the board comes low, not in your suit. It happens to everyone.

I'd suggest re-reading Zee and taking a break from limit 08 for a while and then coming back to it. If you have Wilson Turbo O8, play a challenge match and make sure you don't have any leaks in your game.