View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Our own SHANIAC on TV tonight. Hopefully he gets some good air ti

[ QUOTE ]
One question, given your experience up to that point with Gracz and the determination of the reads he had put on CT and Pham, do you think he would have called a bet size that smelled more of a value bet rather than a push? Do you think it's possible that his mind was seeing a classic pattern with all the overbets and that his instict in those situations was identical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the CT Law hand took place after I was long gone, and the call vs Pham was different. Pham bet an amount that sure looked like a value bet but Gracz went with the 99 anyway.

At the time of my push, betting 120K into an 80K pot didn't seem like that much of an overbet. I took it for granted that ace-high would fold. And yes, obviously I believe I could have won the hand by betting on the flop, but the way Gracz was executing his reads and playing, I don't see why he necessarily would have folded ace-high on the flop either. I could easily see myself having bet, say, 50K, him calling, then check-calling the rest on the turn. Who knows, but if he thought his ace was good in the situation I created, it's possible he would have gone with me after firing off a more-reaosnable looking continuation bet on the flop. Hard to say.