View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:08 AM

Default Re: My losing streak wins!!

very true of course.

That post didn't quite come out the right way I don't think as I really wasn't trying to say that I'm still playing a long-term winning game.

I know I'm a losing player currently. I have said as much in this thread and elsewhere (to myself, GF, etc).

I was probably a barely-above-break-even high-variance player whose game has simply worsened into 'just plain losing' territory.

Everyone will have stretches where they don't play as well.
For most successful 2+2'ers they are still playing a winning game overall though because even a couple of little leaks they might have developed weren't enough to make them so bad as to be long-term losers.

For someone like me who wasn't that good to begin with...I was less able to afford such leaks because that would mean playing a losing game.

I guess I'm combining ideas of 'all players go through stretches where their game goes backwards a bit' with typical 'variance'.

I honestly don't think my game has gone backwards THAT much.
And I think I was already just barely getting by with a pretty inferior game to begin with.

However, I'm also willing to accept the possibility that I'm wrong about that and that my game has gone ridiculously far backwards.