View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 12:20 AM

Default What do you guys think of this comment?

A friend and I were discussing the ol' 89o hand.

I pointed him to:

http://gocee.com/poker/HE_Value.htm

and referred him to the 89o column to clearly indicate to him that 89o is not fond of multi-way action.

This is in reference to a previous comment he made saying that he likes to play 89o in hopes of flopping an open ender. If he doesn't, then he folds.

I gave him the numbers on his odds of doing such a thing (the % is actually less than flopping a set) and explained to him that even if he flops an open ender (~8%) he's going to miss most of the time (~92%) and even when he does hit he's usually going to have to see the river where, in a family pot, he's going to win 9-10% of the time.

I'm copying and pasting his comment for you all to comment on - and please do comment:

(this is regarding 89o)

So if it isn’t a multiway hand, is it more of a hand you want to isolate someone with? I don’t think so – its even worse that way. The only chance you have with 89o is to flop an open ender. If it doesn’t happen – you fold. Easy play. If it does happen, you want as many people in the pot as possible so you can get paid off if you hit.

Will as many people here please explain to him the many flaws in his logic. He apparently doesn't believe mine.