View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Three hands vs. same player, Super Monday

[ QUOTE ]

1)He probably had a T in Hand 1, so we know he open limps speculative hands and might/might not go too far with them;

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we can all agree that this guy is limping lots of marginal/speculative stuff and possibly goes to far with top pair hands (likely AT in hand 1)

[ QUOTE ]

2)He limped this UTG and minbet a Q96, 2 suited board into 4 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this says "I have a marginalish one pair hand and want to see everyone react" OR "I have a draw and want to poke it along and somewhat control the betting". Because there are 3 Qs in the deck and one 9 (among other reasons) its most likely for him to have a Q-medium here. But since we know he can overplay it and is quite likely too passive to make any real bets for himself, we need to steadily build a pot to keep popping him for value. If you make it 100 here, bet 180 on the turn, and 260 on the river, he'll probably call down with his QJ if the board doesn't get too scary. And if he has a draw he's calling incorrectly and won't get paid off (since we can pretty safely fold if draws get there and he bets something meaningful).

Just calling the flop will not only allow others in with lots of crap with an out here and there, but it will also prevent us from gaining nice value bets from our donkey friend.

[ QUOTE ]

you already know the outcome (he will call) before it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who minbets like that clearly does not think like we do and is capable of anything. I've seen guys minbet/minraise or minbet/fold or minbet/push or all kinds of stuff. I'd say he calls something like 60% of the time, folds 30%, and reraises 10%. So yeah he usually calls and thats what we expect but its not like its automatic.

In any case, against guys that appear donkish like that, its usually better to just play straight forward and let them make the mistakes for me instead of trying to figure out a fancy way to outplay them. I usually just end up outthinking myself.

Everett