View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Am I just VERY unlucky?

Yes, you are very unlucky.

Welcome to the club.

Seriously, we all have bad runs sometimes. I think I would like to introduce you to Sample Size Man.

He's looking over my shoulder and telling me that your 4,000 hands is too trivial to do anything but feel bad about. Again, welcome to the exceedingly large club -- we all have bad runs sometimes.

You think losing a bit more than you should with AK is bad? I've had runs over 5,000 where KK is a loser, where QQ is the biggest loser I have, and runs almost that long where AA is a loser. Hope that makes you feel better about your AK.

Hey, poker gets rough and hard to take sometimes. But that doesn't mean things won't even out in the end so the bad hands lose and the good hands win. It's just you have to get a concept of how long the long run really is. In poker, it's huge. I think it takes most of us a long time to realize how huge that long run really is. You could win or lose for 10's of thousands of hands mostly on the basis of luck.

So don't sweat a bad 4k of hands as being the end of the world. Feel bad about it if you like; we all do sometimes. Wallow in it, cry and howl if you like.

Then get up off your ass and go play some more poker.