View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 03:52 AM

Default Am I just VERY unlucky?

I started tracking my 4 flush fill % online back in February, after what seemed like a very bad run. I have taken very dubious notes, and since have filled just 47 of 401 4 flush flops, less than 12% v. the 35% odds of filling. Of the 47 I've filled, 3 were beat by 2 pair filling a boat on the river on a 4 outter after i filled on 4th st. 3 times my Ace high flush was beaten by a straight flush. 2 times someone had flopped a boat, and once someone had flopped quads, and 3 times I was beaten by a bigger flush. The most recent I had KK(h), had raised from the button, 1 limper called. 3 hearts flopped, and the turn was a heart. The one caller I had to my raise had A(hearts)J(c)!
My other frustration with online poker is that since I have obtained Poker Tracker @ 4000 hands ago, I have had AK 43 times, 13 of which the flop came with an A or a K, which is about right. The issue I have is that of those 13, only 7 won the hand. 53% wins when I flopped top pair with top kicker. I joke that they call it a "random number generator", I say its a "random RAKE generator" designed to keep as many people in hands as possible.