View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Would You Play On This Table?

Rempel, the thing is regarding the same IP address, that lots of even major cities in both the US and europe have only one major dsl provider. Now regarding actually having the same specific IP address, this is going to happen lots for all the collge players who use their college's server (assuming the firewall doesn't block their access to poker sites or they can get around it). But the only way to demostrate actual collusion is with players on whom you can collect evidence over time making protection bets and raises and where those two players often make sure that one of their hands is not shown down. The more sophisticated kind involving just sharing and using card knowledge as I mentioned above is just about impossible to prove.

Dave, regading "Doc" that one was in the house but not the one I was referring too. I am not going to comment further since I think it is very counterproductive and disrespectful to discuss specific online players and their play, even though they are essentially anonymous. I have criticized this practice in the high limit nl forums even though most there disagree with me.

beset, regarding your question for Dave, regarding tricky lags and whether they might actually be exremely good players, I will try to start a thread on this in the next few days and perhaps Dave will resond there as well. This is actually an important topic in any game, but particularly in big bet.