View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Anybody play these 3 hands differently?

[ QUOTE ]
seems completely standard. out of curiosity what made you post these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I admit that I posted these as a little bit of a whine but I mainly wanted to see what everyone thought about the river 3-bets.

After running roughshod over Party all weekend I should have known I was in trouble today when my amazing 20 hand streak of winning with AA was snapped by a single caller with Q6. I can't remember a single bad suck-out all weekend and then today I lose all 3 of these hands to runner runner in a 10 minute span.

I agree the the flop raise was bad in the 3rd hand. I believe it was the very next hand after hand 2 and I wasn't thinking clearly. I also didn't see the 3 flush on the board or I wouldn't have 3-bet the river.

My main concern was the river 3-bets in the first 2 hands. In the past I would have just called the raises because it seemed every time I 3-bet without the nuts I got beat. I'm trying to be more aggressive now so I figured I'd carry it to the river. I was just curious as to whether everyone here would 3-bet or just some and I got my answer. Thanks!

Side note-- It's incredible to me how much your luck can change from one day to the next. I know the cards are random but boy, they sure don't seem like it somedays.