View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Slow down or stay aggressive?

Hand 1:
I would not expect many typically passive players to raise the turn on a draw against a preflop raiser and flop bettor without the goods.

I imagine its more likely that button's hand improved on the turn to something like 2 pair. Its also possible that button could have been slowplaying a set from the flop.

I would call button's turn raise, because if you are behind, you could still improve to win by the river.

I would also check/call the river unimproved, because theres still a chance that you might have the best hand in a big pot.

Hand 2:
I would also have raised BB's flop bet, because he could have been betting with a 2 or pocket pair below your JJ.

However I would fold to BB's flop 3-bet. If BB is a tight player and plays reasonably, then he should consider your range of preflop raising hands from the button to include most pocket pairs and a number of Ax hands.

When you raise his flop bet, it should make the above range of hands even more likely for your holding.

However, by 3-betting the flop BB is showing that he is clearly not concerned about your having a high pocket pair. So I expect that BB most likely has Ax himself, and that you would be drawing thin if you stayed in the hand.