View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Pocket Pairs vs. AK

Rainman3000,

Hand 1: No problem, unfortunate that he hits the three outer

Hand 2: Don't know how many chips you had, but if you're less than 8-10K I don't see a problem. I suppose, especially from early position (confronted by the chip leaders in LP) you have to consider whether you're prepared to test your QQ on a coin flip. However, at the final table I don't see any option but pushing QQ. You aren't going to lay it down to a re-raise (unless you have an excellent read).

Hand 3: No problem with his play or yours

Hand 4: If you knew he was strong, and likely to call if he didn't have regard for the series points, I don't like yuor re-raise. It is a weak play to rely on a fold due to the consequences of an early exit for an highly rated player. If s/he thinks it is the right play to call, s/he will call (their game will not change dramatically in the early stages of tournament). Perhaps, if this had occured one or two places from the points, he may have been inclined to fold. I think its an easy lay down if you think he's too strong for you, although it was once more a coin-flip scenario aso you weren't trailing by a great margin.

Hand 5: You're shortstacked, this hand doesn't mean a great deal.