View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: 1/2 PS LO8 hand - is this hand played properly?

about 90% of the time I fold this hand (the 10% of the time I do play its either in these conditions or in the blinds) but I felt conditions were ideal, and I would stand to win a nice pot if I hit the right flop. I do not chase bottom ends of straights or third lows, so my rationale will only cost me 1 small bet to try and hit an optimal flop.

Note to Boolean: the BB three-bet the turn, then MP capped it, leading me to believe the BB also had an A-4 low.

After I called the threebet on the river, the BB showed down A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for top full house, and the MP2 had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I was three-bet by a player drawing to 2 outs, and he hit one of 'em on the river. On the flipside, I had two outs to a scoop, and the other 90% of the time I win 1/2 of a nice pot.

Thanks for your input.