View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Barron, dude, wtf?

I mean, nice article and everything, but:

[ QUOTE ]
River: 8. Final board: K 4 6 7 8. Limper No. 1 checks. Limper No. 2 bets -- I now am confident he either has a set or he ran with a six-five suited and now has the straight. Limper No. 4 raises -- I've seen him raise throughout the week with far less than the nuts, and I've seen him smooth call the actual nuts scared he was going to raise people out of the hand. That is if he had the ace-high flush, he'd just call. In fact, if he just called, so would I ... but since he raised, it was time to reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can this be right?

[ QUOTE ]
Limper No. 1 folds. Limper No. 2 looks at his hand, back at the board, back at me, shakes his head, looks back at the board, back at his hand, and then tosses in two four-packs of red in one of the biggest crying calls I've seen in a while. Limper No. 4 stacks up $20, but takes a second where he is thinking about re-raising, so I know I have him, he's absolutely dead but I go into induce-bet-mode1 and get him to raise. I call, knowing if I reraise [...] I'll never get Limper No. 2 to call, plus the most I can get is another big bet, and there is a slim chance that I'm wrong and I'm beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't be right! A second ago you had a super-dee-duper x-ray vision read on the guy and now you aren't even 50% sure?

Slotboom? Is that you?

RAISE IT UP!

/mc