View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Another KQs hand (with a big stack) - How’s my line?

Bay 101 – Tuesday’s $45+15 R/A, about 100 entries, 230+ rebuys, 98 add-ons, pays 18.

My table just picked up 3 new players after some other tables were broken down. Villain in this hand is one of the new ones, so I don’t have a read on his play. I am the table chip leader with about t16,000 (3 stacks of 100’s and 1 stack of 500’s) but Villain is very close to that as well. My table image is decent. I’ve shown down some pretty good hands. Also, my luck box is in overdrive as I’ve been flopping sets, straights and even a quad when I played my BB’s pocket 4’s against a shorty’s all-in.

Blinds 200/400 with 50 runners left.

Folded to me in MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I open raise for 3xbb or t1200. Villain in CO immediately reraises to t3000 even. The button and the blinds autofold and the action is back to me. I’m dominated by AK/AQ and a dog to the monster hands AA/KK/QQ. But I only need to call another t1800 in a pot that now has t4800, so I’m getting close to 3:1. I call and decide to see a flop. (Should this have been a fold?)

Pot is t6600 and the flop comes J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero…? </font>