View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Poker on TV should have a disclaimer....

[ QUOTE ]
am sure this has been brought up before....

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I doubt that.

[ QUOTE ]
If we were to watch a late night repeat sporting event, they would be sure to let us know when they forward ahead in the game due to time constraints. Why not poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because poker is not a sport. They do it with sports because other people gamble on the outcome besides the participants.

[ QUOTE ]
Something stating that the cards and play we are about to see has been edited for content. I would even go so far as have them stating how many hands we are seeing out of how many were played. Just to add perspective to what really goes down during a long final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

A complete waste of time. I suppose you would like to watch some paint dry as well.

[ QUOTE ]
The average Joe, (most of my friends) believe that holdem is played this way and all hands are all-in situations. Doesn't bother them that chip counts change every commercial break. It's a non-issue or a mystery to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think all the new little fishies in the pond play the way they do?

[ QUOTE ]
I know myself would like to see more of the in-between grind em out hands....

[/ QUOTE ]

Then poker on TV is just not for you. Might I suggest going to live tournaments.

Why do you think you never see televised chess matches on TV? Because watching chess is just plain boring!! If you add back all the wasted time in poker matches to a telecast it will become just like chess.

If complete poker tournaments were telecast I would rather watch a late night infomercial teaching me how to make the best dried fruit and beef jerkey in the entire world.

You might be thinking that this is just my opinion. Well it seems to be the informed opinion of the people who put up the big bucks required to televise poker as well.