Thread: I can't win.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: I can\'t win.

Tone down that aggression postflop. Not just on the flop, but on every street...you have the looks of a player that plays too tightly preflop (which isn't really a bad thing if you aren't too comfortable postflop), but because you wait so long for playable hands, you have real trouble laying them down or even slowing down with them postflop. This is a huge leak, and will lead your better opponents to call your raises a bit more loosely than they normally would a 16/9 player (increased implied odds when they hit against you). Admittedly not too many 1/2 or 2/4 opponents are going to adjust like that, but expect to see players of that caliber if you continue to take shots at games like 5/10.

I really think that's your biggest problem. Your blind steals/defenses are a bit low, but they should be on relatively passive games like 1/2 & 2/4. You're folding a bit too often before showdown (from the looks of things, primarily on the river), which is a significant leak--there are many times when it's correct to just call a bet on the flop or turn with weak draws like overcards or the like, and more than a few times when it's okay to call a river bet with AK UI or KK on an A-high board. That's just about reading your opponents & figuring out which ones are aggressive enough to take the lead in a hand with less than top pair.

Incidentally, your "downswing" is really more of a breakeven streak...yes, you've lost money over your last 120k hands, but your WR is probably still going to be within your margin of error for such a sample size.

With so many hands I'm going to wager that you're a pretty hardcore multitabler...at least 6 tables at a time? I would highly recommend scaling back to 2 or 3 tables for a while, and using the increased time between decisions to work on developing your reading skills & adjusting your play to specific opponents.

You should also be check/raising just a tad more often, but that's not going to be a serious leak on the limits you play (you can't always count on a 2/4 player to bet for you when you check).