View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Hmm River Decision...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just a note to n00bs:

when you have a 2 card flush, i NEVER put someone else on a flush draw. It's just too rare, and you'll win more when they DONT than you'll lose the few times that they DO. That said, 3 bet this mofo. For each time you lose to a higher you'll win with a flush much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has not been my experience. My low flushes get run over with wild abandon. I am willing to chalk this up to sample size. But if you think your flush is beat, you might be right. Proceed with caution.

Though, in this hand, I would expect to see your steamer with a strait on the river. Jam the pot.

-D

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Ive been busy w/ MCAT studying but once that is over this week ill make a search for a post i had a few months prior when i asked the same question- basically how often is my flush beat by another flush. the conclusion was not often enough to prevent you from jamming the pot - unles there is a straight flush possibility or a paired board (boat maybe).

I think it's just sampele size. Or, are you playing below .50/1? it's possible that people play any 2 suited there more than they do at say 2/4 and 3/6.