View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Would you kill a man who\'s robbing you? (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If some body's coming at me with a knife and wearing a bandanna and I've got a gun, just go ahead and call the meat wagon now because of us is going down and it's probably not going to be the guy with the gun unless the criminal pulls a Jedi mind trick and gets me to shoot myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, long as he is coming at your from far, far away.

What does a bandana have to do with anything?

Do they actually have "meat wagons," or is that something you picked up from NYPD Blue...what The Shield...no CSI....Law and Order Special Victims Unit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in your neighborhood guys walk around with bandannas over their faces carrying knives is common, but I have yet to encounter anyone coming to my house unannounced wearing that get up.

Being old, I haven't seen an episode of any of the shows you listed so I have no idea if they ever make reference to a meat wagon. First time I heard it was about 15 years ago from a cop friend of mine at the time.

If you are not willing to defend yourself that's fine and I can understand that you do not want to hurt your fellow man, but don't criticize those of us who would rather go down fighting.