View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawin

"If you've lost money playing AK over a large sample, you're a very bad poker player. "

I think i made both those points already .

but isnt the whole point of these AK discussions whether its plus+ ev to call with AK and then go to the river with it?? so tell me how being a good player has anything whatsoever to do with it. you have AK your opponent has ?/? you both pull the trigger and the results come out...in those situations i have lost A LOT more than i have won. not nearly as bad a % at Party ov 2000+ hands as i have at Stars ov1500+ hands but bad none the less.
i also stated that when playing them as a regular hand and betting the flop when they improved i had the vast majority of my wins with them..

but i still dont understand where the "skill" comes into play when your calling or going all-in with them, they either improve, hold up or you lose. in todays discussion about pckt 4's, what differance does it make if you call down the 4's with AK or 56? if you dont get help from the board you lose if you do you win...what are you saying ? that you are so much better than me that you only call with them when you know the board will improve them?? damn no wonder you win so much and im a donk....