View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Live tournaments suck

I LOVE playing live, sooooo many different dynamics and so much more exploitable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FL finally decided to pull their collective heads out of their arses so we have our card room tournies back! So it was a 1pm start with 150 runners, $32+13 (yeah, yeah....I know!) Final 18 paid but here's the kick, the structure changed.

Used to be T700 starting at 10/15, 20 minute levels. Now it's T1500 starting at 25/50, same 20 minutes. Damn near crap shoot before the shut down, now a SOLID crap shoot after the re-start.

1st hand, I'm in the SB, 2 limpers then a raise to 150 and I finally peek at my cards, 2 black Kings, JOY! I pop it to T600 and the 2nd limper as well as the raiser, cold-call. Flop is A44, rainbow. 1st limper checks, raiser poooshes and I go into the tank. I finally muck, limper calls and tables A8s to 55....NICE!

Nothing playable during the rest of the orbit and into 50/100. Blinds are getting ready to go up on my BB so with 2 folds I pooosh T700 with K6s and get one caller tabling A5s. Flop is K86, Turn is another 8 and the river fills my Boat! Back in the game.

As predicted, blinds go up to 200/400 on my BB. 1 early limper, then a raise to T1200 (string bet, leaving T500 behind) and it's folded to me. I see AA and wanting the 1st limper to come along, think a bit before pushing. He folds, I get called, of course and we're off.

AA v 99, Flop is clean but the Turn is DIRTY, making his Set and I'm walking back to make my 1st post!

Man I LOVE live poker!!! GL out there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]