View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Changes that need to be made

I think censoring Richard's nickname is unnecessary. Sure, the word is sometimes used in a crude manner, but so are lots of words that we can't really censor (job, bush, nuts, etc.). Additionally, it's going to result into any discussion of our vice president, or a certain detective with the last name of Tracy as is going on in OOT right now, disnitigrating into both immature banter and criticism of the language filter. I think that a warning from the mods about crude language with regards to this word will be better than censoring it.

Edit: I also think we should abstain from censoring the first word on MH's list for the same reasons. I can be used in a crude manner, but there are legitimate uses as well. It certainly makes calling someone "behind-al" retentive sound pretty ridiculous.

I'm also not sure if penis, vagina, or [censored] got the ax, but proper anatomical names for body parts shouldn't be censored. Doing so just encourages more vulgarity as people come up with more creative names fore them. [censored] should stick around, too, as it not only refers to a body party, but also to a foolish person.