View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: A Fine Use Of A Firearm

[ QUOTE ]

He acted courageously, yet with restraint; he effectively thwarted and brought down a dangerous and potentially deadly attacker; and his actions and comments ought to be a deterrent to future potential sumbitches of all stripes and flavors in his neighborhood.

It's a real bitch to be a sumbitch--especially if you meet a Danny Dunn

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny Dunn is a dumbfuk.

I am a gun owner. I think that most gun-control advocates are clueless and have little grasp of reality. I have taken many self-defense courses from professionals (usually law officers). That said, at the risk of repeating myself, Danny is a dumfuk.

First, based on the limited details presented in the story, the correct procedure would be to go into the house, lock the door, get the gun, call 911, and wait. If the "alleged perpetrator" comes through the door, you shoot to kill. You do not play John Wayne and go stalking the bad guy.

Second, you do not use a .22 rifle for home defense. You need to get out of the kiddy pool and get a real gun:

Third, if you are going to do something as stupid as leaving a safe situation to go shoot a bad guy, you don't tell the whole freaking world about it. You especially don't tell the press or the police about it. You lie your ass off and say that you had the gun when you first went out to the garage, and used it while being attacked. By going in the house and coming back with the gun, he used excessive force (he was no longer in immediate danger when he was in the house), and has left himself open to criminal charges and to a civil suit by the alleged perpetrator upon his recovery. I am not making this up. Many criminals have won judgements for things exactly like this.

Dummy Danny may have some luck on his side since this happened in Texas, which has some strange laws about shooting people. On the bad news side, the story says it happened at 6am, which is still daylight at this time of year. My understanding is that in Texas you can shoot people on your property pretty much at will after dark, but the rules are more restrictive during the day.