View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: A Fine Use Of A Firearm

First, I own guns. I enjoy them. I am well-qualified in the proper use/care of firearms. I favor only minimal control of firearms. I favor the strictest enforcement of existing firearms laws.

[ QUOTE ]

..."He came at me with a knife, he cut me on the hand, and on the face, I took 49 stitches total," Dunn told the TV station.

If you kill someone who stabbed you enough to require 49 stitches, then it is called self-defense. In the state of Texas under certain circumstances you can kill someone for trying to steal your property...... I don't think you know the difference between killing and murder....... Murder is a against the law. If you kill someone under a circumstance where the law says you can use lethal force, then it is a justified killing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you would be qualified to determine this? You are a District Attorney?

Since the victim, a) had escaped the iminent danger; b) run inside to retrieve his weapon; c) returned to the garage to fire said weapon at the criminal; it seems to me a case could be made that he overreacted just a tad.

I can see where a wily, high-priced defense attorney might offer a view whereby his client, the criminal, did in fact become a victim of outrageous, vindictive, pre-meditated, murderous behavior. And that this heinous act should be punished. To the tune of umpteen gazillion dollars. Of which the aforementioned defense attorney will recieve an ample, but well-deserved and earned portion.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]