View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: KQo A Big Loser. Hand 1.

RESULTS. FOLLOW UP COMMENTS. PURSUING THE QUESTION.

[ QUOTE ]
i just call down after the 3bet. sure it reeks of a set or twopair, but I think there are many Kx that might play it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't remember what I was thinking when I played the hand, but when I reviewed it, I also felt the flop 3bet reeked of two pair or a set. I raised with Kx. How many people actually three bet with just Top Pair Kx? That is very unusual. It is a maniac play, but this opponent was not a maniac.

When I reviewed this hand, I feel calling the river unimproved was leaking. I was almost sure I was beat. My thinking may have been skewed by knowing the result, but I don't think so - I was, and am, trying to be objective here and not results oriented.

Villian had 44 for a set. When I replayed this hand, putting Villian on two pair or a set seemed to me almost without question.

If he had two pair, calling the flop and turn was correct. If he had a set, folding the flop might be correct but certainly folding the turn would be correct. If your almost certain villian has two pair or a set, but don't know which one, how do you calculate if your getting the correct odds to continue on average?