View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: $1/2 NL quads on river...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little unsure what my standard line should be here OOP with open trips like this. The problem with leading two streets is that if you don't slow down on the turn when he's called your flop bet he can be pretty sure you've got trips. Check/call lead turn maybe? Push seems alright, although it wouldn't surprise me if he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am also unsure... obviously.

I was waiting for a good spot to get a big check-raise in, but i also thought that he might just keep stabbing at it with his Ace... Every time i considered betting out or raising, i thought i'd just be screaming that i had the Q. There has got to be a better way to play this on the early streets. maybe lead 1/2 pot on the flop?

On the river, however, two thoughts led me to push:

A: if he has an ace, he will probably call- one just doesn't worry about quads, right? if it happens, it hapens, etc, and the way i played it, he's have to be a mind reader to suspect that i had the Q, and a big push into what looks like an obvious split pot is a standard/amatureish move...

B: If he doesn't have an ace, i'm not getting any more money from him by checking it, unless he tries a really dumb bluff- and he wasn't dumb. he would have no reason at all to call, or to bluff, for that matter.

...or is my thinking all screwed up? i am still something of a NL noob, esp at $1/2 (normally play $.50/1)

...(he did call with his AK, though.)