View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Gotta trust your reads and instincts

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, in a live game, this read is perhaps safer. However, I made it and I was confident it was right. My reads usually are right, and I have to trust them, sometimes on just an A high. Anyway, villain shows 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and he caught the straight on the river after all the money went in. He had a flush draw, as I had assumed, and caught a redraw on the turn. I had the best hand, he just caught and won.

The fact that people are calling me out supports why I did this. I knew what I was doing on this one instance, and my image is going to benefit against players who think I am an idiot. I don't make a habit of this kind of strange call, it was a specific play and situation. The play may not look right to you, but it was read dependant. And if you were at the table where I made this play, you might be losing your stack to me later on when I hit a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please give me your screen name, so I can go play you and make a note "call quickly with set-he'll put you on draw and go to the felt w/AK unimproved"
Seriously, you can lose a lot of money making so much of reaction times. he's thinking so long-he must be bluffing. or he could be taking a piss. he quick clicked-he must be on a draw. or his pressure-sensitive mouse on his laptop accidentally called when he meant to raise. or he needs to take a piss, so he'll just get this top pair crap kicker hand with quickly instead of thinking abou tit too much, etc.