View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 05:59 PM

Default PP $1/2 - The Massacre continues...

If it can get much worse than this - I'd hate to see it.

Was playing a little at lunch today and actually grinded back a little of what I lost last night. Then, as I expected another fantastic run of cards comes and I continue to make 2nd best hands like they are going out of style.

Here's a couple examples:

I'm in MP with QhQs and raise an early limper. Get several callers to see a flop of:

*** FLOP *** : [ Ts 2c 9s ]

I bet 2 callers.

*** TURN *** : [ Ts 2c 9s ] [ 7h ]

I bet - same 2 callers.

*** RIVER *** : [ Ts 2c 9s 7h ] [ 7c ]

I bet - next player raises, 3rd player drops and I call.

Player shows me A7o for runner runner trips. Nice.

Hand 2:

I'm in the cutoff with 9d9s all fold to me and I raise. Button calls, small blind folds and BB re-raises. We all call to see a flop of:

*** FLOP *** : [ 8s Qd Kc ]

Great. BB bets I decide to peel one more off and call and the SB folds.

*** TURN *** : [ 8s Qd Kc ] [ 9h ]

Is it my lucky day? Hardly.

BB bets, I raise he calls.

*** RIVER *** : [ 8s Qd Kc 9h ] [ 4d ]

he checks to me - I bet and he calls.

He shows a set of Kings and I show my set of 9's. Sweet!!

Hand 3:

Now this one is just one of those weird ones where 3 of us had great starting hands and just got tied to the flop. I've seen this more in the last several hours playing online than I've seen in over a year of playing in card rooms.

Anyway, check this one out...

I'm in the cutoff again with QdQc. Couple limpers to me and I bump it up. several callers behind me to the BB who re-raises. We call call. 5 to see a flop of:

*** FLOP *** : [ 9d 8c 9s ]

All check to me. I bet - all 4 call.

*** TURN *** : [ 9d 8c 9s ] [ Kd ]

All check to player to my right who now bets out. 2 of us call the others drop. 3 to see the river:

*** RIVER *** : [ 9d 8c 9s Kd ] [ 2s ]

Well, that didn't help anyone...

checked to the player to my right who bets. Both of us call.

BB shows AA to take the pot. Player to my right shows AsKh for turned top pair and my Queens are no good.

Once I dump this buy-in - and it's looking like that could happen anytime now - I'm pretty sure my days of playing online are over.

I played a little over 300 hands and lost nearly 40BB's. I know, I know...standard deviation, variance, bad run of cards, blah, blah, blah....

I hate to be paranoid about what goes on online - but there's some weird wacky crap that goes on. I don't mind blowing the $75 bucks to get some action - I'm certainly not trying to make a living or anything - but despite last nights debacle I continued to play my best poker despite getting even better cards than last nights session (didn't think that was possible - at point I got pocket pairs 6 hands in a row) I still was a giant loser when it was all said and done.

I'll mount up and ride again (at least until the few bucks I have left on there run out), but I'm pretty sure this is the end of my playing online days...