View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: What\'s With This DERB?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post here ever because I play NL, but do read a lot of the threads here because there are some great posters. You guys are going crazy over this.

He doesn't play the standard 2p2 style and people are going off the deep end. Accusing him of cheating, chip dumping, collusion, are you kidding?

What exactly is the fascination with this player? 2p2 is not the mecca of the poker world. This forum does not set the standard of what a poker player should do. There is much more to this game than playing tight and relatively unimaginative poker with playing a ton of tables. That style is certainly profitable and it's basically what I do, but the sheer disbelief that people have been showing is shocking.

In all seriousness I don't understand why he has gotten so much attention. Is it really that earth shattering to you guys that someone is bucking the general trend of 2p2? Someone clear this up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any respected posters have accused him of cheating or chip dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really up on who's respected and who isn't here, I know who some of the respected posters are and I haven't seen them say that. I realize that the serious posters in the forum don't take that angle seriously.

I just don't understand why there is this disbelief and fascination with this guy by anyone. Is it be beneficial to discuss a player who plays an unorthodox style and is succeeding with it? Of course. To me it doesn't look like that discussion is really happening, it's more along the lines of something frantic.

I haven't read all the posts on him, there are just too many, but why is this such a big deal to everyone? I'm sure the more knowledgable posters here aren't going nuts, but a lot of people are.