View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:46 PM

Default TPTK facing a re-raise, 2 hands

Both these hands happened in the first 5 minutes of a $100 NL at Empire. THe first is a Bellagio qualifier with only 1st prize getting anything, the 2nd is the 10K guaranteed Happy hour.

Hand 1.

2 limpers to me in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I complete and the BB calls. FLop is

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, MP bets 70 (pot 60), folded to me and I make it 200 to go. Mp goes all-in. I have 25 chips more than him.

2nd tournament. 4th hand.

UTG limps, I get cute and limp with AKo thinking maybe some joker will make a play from the blinds. 6 of us see the flop.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb bets 50 into the 75 chip pot and I raise to 150. He re-raises to 430. NOw what?

Its so tough to know what the average tournament player at these limits will make this play with, especially since I wasso passive pre-flop on each. I'm in a bad place, 19 straight without a cash and I don't think I'm thinking clearly. Shortly after this I made a good laydown with QQ when I called a big raise and then some joker re-raises (AJ) letting the original raiser push and forcing me to fold.It was KK vs AJ and of course the flop came AQx. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I hate slumps.