View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Yup, that\'ll work, fer shure;-)

nicky please don't take my one-line reply as anything other than a complete expression of my faith in Saddam to refuse to truly give up all his WMD.

I think Saddam has to go---period. The Iraqi people need for Saddam to go, too. It would be impossible for Saddam to truly change his ways and this is really what would be required of him--a few cosmetic changes aren't going to suffice here, IMO, other than to delay the process--Saddam is a tyrant and a survivor through and through, and he's not going to become a decent member of the world community, nor become a decent leader to his people--that just isn't going to happen--and he isn't going to give up what he sees as his Aces-In-The-Hole (his hidden WMD's). So he simply has to go. It's actually better for everyone that way. It wouldn't be better for everyone if he manages to make some concessions and stay in power. The Iraqi people will be glad when he's gone, too--you'll see. As for the "danger" of removing him by force--there are dangers too in leaving him in power--and life itself isn't safe--it's coming time for Saddam's reign of blood and terror to draw to a close.