Thread: 50/100 vs. GoG
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: 50/100 vs. GoG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to check-call this flop, and check-fold a blank turn, why are you even calling preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why I like check-fold:

GoG raised preflop then fired a semi-dangerous flop. He could have anything here. Bruiser check-called which in my mind represents large strength (a made flush) to GoG. On the turn if Bruiser bets out after having check-called it does not correspond with powerful holdings. A flush would not bet out. A set, or very good draw would have put more in on the flop. Therefore after check-calling the flop Bruiser should not bet out the turn as it narrows his hand range to something that most likely cannot call a raise (like TPTK). So betting the turn gives GoG the advantage in knowing Bruiser's cards and allows him to make a great bluff or a necessary call. Sticking with the representation of a big hand Bruiser should check the turn. GoG at this point would have to be very daring to bluff or semi-bluff again. If GoG bets this turn I would have to believe he has either a good hand in need of protection like two pair/set or a made flush himself, all of which has Bruiser beat. Therefore I like check-fold to a decent sized bet. If it is under-bet then other lines are plausible.